Senior Credit Underwriter
We are working with a prestigious Asset Finance company who is looking for a senior underwriter to join their team based in Lancashire.
The Underwriter will draft and present credit proposals, maintaining an objective and independent view within the credit process and complying with Credit Policy, guidelines, and processes.
- Perform credit reviews, research industry and customer-related information for all new proposals and reviews of existing customers
- Work to timelines of credit proposals and reviews, in accordance with pre-agreed SLAs
- Coordinate with colleagues from the Credit & Risk department, as well as the Sales and Operations teams
- Be confident to build, develop, and strengthen relationships with existing and potential Introducers in order to maximise future opportunities for the Business
- Assist assist in the production of underwriting management reports, including client exposures, asset concentration and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Excellent attention to detail and accountable
- Team player with self-motivation, a ‘can do, attitude and drive to succeed
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to write structured credit proposals in line with agreed timescales
- Previous credit risk experience at a financial services provider
- Knowledge of finance and finance products