Salary £45k – £80k basics plus Bonus and excellent benefits
Midlands and South East
James George Recruitment are working alongside several Asset Finance funders who are looking for Credit Underwriters to join their teams across the Midlands and Southeast. We are keen to hear from Underwriters of who have at least a couple of years of Asset Finance underwriting experience who are looking for the next step in their career.
These Underwriters will draft and present credit proposals, maintaining objective and independent views within the credit process and complying with Credit Policy, guidelines, and processes.
- Perform credit reviews, research industry and customer-related information for all new proposals and reviews of existing customers
- Work to timelines of credit proposals and reviews, in accordance with pre-agreed SLAs
- Coordinate with colleagues from the Credit & Risk department, as well as the Sales and Operations teams
- Be confident to build, develop, and strengthen relationships with existing and potential Introducers in order to maximise future opportunities for the Business
- Assist in the production of underwriting management reports, including client exposures, asset concentration and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Detailed analysis of company accounts
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Excellent attention to detail and accountable
- Team player with self-motivation, a ‘can do, attitude and drive to succeed
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to write structured credit proposals in line with agreed timescales
- Previous credit risk experience in the asset finance industry
An excellent range of benefits accompany the basic salary quoted above. Please contact Adam Sommerville, Victoria Rua or Peter Duke at James George Recruitment for a discreet and confidential conversation about the opportunities.